Sunday, February 7, 2016

I Totally Do Not Understand How to Tell if It's On or Off. I Mean, Everything.

Back to things I don't understand anymore: remember when buttons for off and on were understandable? Clearly marked? Made perfect sense?


When you knew that when you pressed a button, and it responded, the power would be on? And when you pressed it again it would obviously be off? Because it was clearly marked "power"?


These days we have the "smiling cyclops" which indicates nothing when it's pressed. It offers no information, it assists you not, and one might actually forget if one has pushed it, because if it is pressed and nothing happens, one might believe it hadn't been pressed at all.


So today's "I Don't Understand Anything Anymore" post: the contemporary and ubiquitous off/on button. I don't get it. Whose bright idea was this?



No comments: